Baumit SEP finish render is:-
- an easy to use, breathable, decorative, lime-based finish render.
- an external sponge textured decorative render for main wall areas and for internal areas.
- suitable for application over Baumit base coat and bonding coat renders.
- white in colour, in grain sizes ranging from 2-3mm.
- suitable for areas with low to moderate exposure from weather.
Where is it used?
- Baumit SEP is a render for main wall areas and for internal areas.
- Baumit SEP should not be used in plinth areas, splash zones or other areas or high moisture exposure.
How is it used?
- Baumit SEP is slowly mixed in to a tub of clean water using a plaster whisk, to form a smooth creamy consistency.
- This is carefully applied directly to the wall with a steel trowel and normally left for 10 - 15 minutes before being sponge finished using tight, circular motions.
- For those not used to this product it can be useful to keep a clean surface under your work area to collect SEP that you drop, which helps reduce wastage.
- Once cured should be coated with 2 coats of Baumit SilikonColour paint.
- See data sheet for more info.
How much will you need?
- The final thickness of the Baumit SEP is dependent on the grain size but as a general rule it will be around 1mm thicker than the grain size. For example the SEP02 (2mm grain size) will be around 3mm thick and so on.
- Each 25kg bag of Baumit SEP02 will cover up to 6.9m2 and SEP03 will cover up to 5.7m2.
- As with all lime based materials, it should only be used when temperatures are above 5 degrees Celsius and away from strong, drying winds and direct sunlight.