UdiSTEAM Elastoflex air tightness tape is:-
- a single sided, solvent free, permanently adhesive tape.
- permanently very elastic. It can stretch to 180% of it’s original size.
- ideal for the sealing of all joints for air testing.
- perfect for taping joints in OSB boards, solid timber and wood fibre boards
Where is it used?
- The Elastoflex tapes are designed for internal and external use (although they should be kept out of sunlight) for taping joints in all types of vapour control and breather membranes.
- They are also used for air sealing joints in OSB or ply, sealing around pipes and wires and can be used for taping sole plates to slabs/screeds.
How is it used?
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and free of dust before the tape is applied.
- The paper backing needs to be peeled off prior to use and can either be cut to length and then applied or applied straight off of the roll.
- On lightly textured boards like OSB a roller should be used to firmly press the tape into position.
- When taping OSB or similar boards do not apply in hot/strong sun as it can cause the tape to wrinkle.
- If you are taping to concrete/masonry or wood fibre boards the UdiSTEAM Primer should be applied and left to dry first. This ensures that the tape will stick properly to these surfaces.
How much will you need?
- Each roll of UdiSTEAM Elastoflex tape is 25m long.
- For taping OSB boards allow 4-5m per m2 of wall/roof.
- For membranes allow 1-2m per m2 or less for our self adhesive edged membranes.