UdiSTEP 8mm wood fibre underlay is:-
- an eco friendly, breathable, high density wood fibre underlay board.
- a sound deadening underlay for laminate or engineered timber floors.
- a cushioning underlay for the Lithotherm underfloor heating system.
- easy and quick to install.
Where is it used?
- Under any type of engineered, floating or laminate timber flooring.
- On top of concrete screeds/slabs or over joists
How is it used?
- On floor joists, the boards can be simply laid on top of the joists and glued or stapled in position.
- Make sure that there are no gaps between the UdiSTEP boards for maximum acoustic absorption.
- When laying on insulated solid floor slabs, ensure the surface is clean and dry and has no lumps in it. UdiSTEP boards can be simply laid directly on to the slab.
- They should be pressed up close to each other and there is no need to leave a gap around the perimeter for expansion.
- If the slab isn’t insulated then lay insulation, such as UdiTHERM, prior to the UdiSTEP, ensuring the insulation has the correct compressive strength.
How much will you need?
- Each UdiSTEP 8mm wood fibre underlay board is 1150 x 750mm or 0.8625 m2 per board. Allow 5% for waste, depending on the complexity of the area to be covered.
- This product is available by the board or by the pallet of 125 boards (12.5% reduction over single board price).