Find out which low impact materials are right for your building project.
From £21.53 + VAT per Litre bottle
Clay plaster strengthener – Baumit VitonFestiger
Baumit VitonFestiger is:-
- a water based Potassium Silicate primer for internal and external use
- ideal for strengthening soft sandy surfaces, especially clay plasters.
- improves abrasion resistance and reduces surface ‘chalking’ without reducing permeability.
Where is it used?
- It is used internally or externally.
- On the surface of applied plasters or as an admixture to plaster mixes.
- In areas where impact or abrasion will occur regularly.
How is it used?
- Surfaces should be clean, dry and free of dust and salts.
- Sandy/damaged surfaces should be brushed with a stiff brush to remove loose material.
- Protect surrounding areas with appropriate plastic sheeting. The product is caustic and will react with metals.
- One part Baumit VitonFestiger clay strengthener should be mixed two parts clean tap water and applied with a soft brush or by spraying.
- Once the product has been applied to the surface of the plaster no water or other products should be applied until fully dried.
- Initial drying time is 2-3 days and full silicification is reached in around 14 days after which other products can be applied if required.
How much will you need?
Each 1 litre canister, once diluted, will cover up to 16m². Work on 0.06 litres per m² as a coverage rate.
Pricing & shipping
This product comes in a small box and so will be sent by courier, costing around £13 + VAT.
|Bottle size (litres)
|Single bottle cost
Book your free project consultation
If you can’t seem to find what you need on our website or you have large quantities of materials to purchase please contact us for a chat and we’ll offer you a more bespoke solution.
We’re normally open from 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30 am to 1pm on Friday.