Find out which low impact materials are right for your building project.
From £9.41 + VAT per
Plinth base track – UdiBASE
UdiBASE Plinth base track is:-
- an easy to use, folded aluminium starter track for all of our wood fibre insulation systems
- for protecting the bottom edge of your external insulation system.
- great for providing a clean drip edge at the bottom of your insulation.
Where is it used?
- UdiBASE Plinth base track is designed to provide a robust edge strong enough to take wear and tear associated with ground level installations.
- This rail is normally installed just above DPC level on a house or at least 150mm above ground level.
How is it used?
- UdiBASE Plinth base track should be fixed either to solid masonry with screws and plugs or by fixing back to the sole plate on timber framed structures.
- Start by setting out a level at the desired height, either with a string line or a laser level and then simply follow the line with the bottom edge of the track.
- Once installed make sure to fit the UdiBASE plinth edging strip before the insulation boards to create the perfect drip edge detail.
- Where there is a gradient in the ground level at the bottom of a wall you can either step the track or slope it with the ground.
- If it is sloped, cut the first course of boards on and angle to correct the slope so that their top edge is horizontal again.
- For more information see our how-to videos.
How much will you need?
- Each length of UdiBASE Plinth base track is 2.5m long and the pieces can be joined so simply measure the total running amount required.
- Each length of UdiBASE plinth edging strip is 2.0m long.
Pricing & shipping
This product comes in long lengths and where it has to be sent individually (not on top of a pallet) it will be sent by courier, costing around £35 + VAT
|Cost per length
|Cost per length in packs of 10 pcs
|Plinth Edging Strips
|Cost per length
|Cost per length in packs of 25 pcs
Book your free project consultation
If you can’t seem to find what you need on our website or you have large quantities of materials to purchase please contact us for a chat and we’ll offer you a more bespoke solution.
We’re normally open from 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30 am to 1pm on Friday.