Find out which low impact materials are right for your building project.
From £23.23 + VAT per box of 50 pcs
Spiral fixings for insulation systems – Fischer FID50
Fischer FID50 Spiral fixings for insulation system is:-
- a great way to fix lightweight items into wood fibre and other insulation boards.
- suitable for fixing items of up to 10kg in rendered wood fibre boards
- suitable for installation after render/plaster has been applied.
- ideal for fixing of downpipes, burglar alarms and outside lights and for fixing of lightweight fittings internally.
Where is it used?
- In to all types of solid wood fibre boards, internally or externally.
- usually in walls but can be used on ceilings too, although the load capacity would be reduced.
How is it used?
- A 6 mm pilot hole should be drilled into the wood fibre boards prior to installing the FID 50 fixing,
- If the surface has been rendered or plastered, a 10mm slot should also be cut adjacent to the hole to allow the plastic thread to penetrate.
- If used externally, a thin bead of sealant should be applied to the underside of the head to ensure a watertight seal to the rendered surface.
- Once the FID50 fixing is installed a 4.5 or 5mm x 50mm screw can be used to screw into the centre of the fixing to hold your fitting.
How much will you need?
- Each box contains 50 fixings or you can buy them individually.
- Ensure there is no more than 10kg vertical/shear dead load per fixing in to wood fibre. Live loads should be restricted to 5 kg shear load
Material in action
This video shows how the fixing is installed
Suggested construction details
Pricing & shipping
|No. of fixings
Book your free project consultation
If you can’t seem to find what you need on our website or you have large quantities of materials to purchase please contact us for a chat and we’ll offer you a more bespoke solution.
We’re normally open from 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30 am to 1pm on Friday.