Find out which low impact materials are right for your building project.
Find out more about the passive house standard of building.
The decision to build a sustainable home is a big one. Once made, it’s essential to consider the impact of this decision as early as possible during your projects’ planning phase. Considering your home’s sustainability retrospectively can be time, money and energy consuming. If you’re not sure where to start and want help understanding which questions need to be asked of your building planners, the following resource is for you.
The second guide provides a toolkit for your next meeting with your architect. It covers the following:
- What’s the best location for my home?
- Which experts do I need to get involved?
- Why is the control of air infiltration/airtightness so important in my home?
- What is energy efficiency and why is heat recovery ventilation important?
- What type of insulation should I use?
- How do I protect my home’s internal environment?
- How do I control heat within my sustainable home?
- How do I avoid thermal bridges?
We hope you find the guide useful. If you’d like to be kept informed about the publication of the other guides in the series, please feel free to sign-up to our newsletter below. If you’d like to speak to Chris, please call on 01392 861763.