Find out which low impact materials are right for your building project.
Where is it used?
- Rapido clay powder is used to mix internal clay plasters.
- When mixed with the right sand it can be applied to most textured masonry backgrounds up to a maximum of 20mm and on smooth backgrounds up to 5mm.
- The clay plaster mix is also suitable for use on EBB Clay Boards, wood wool boards and, with the appropriate primers, on to plasterboard and other gypsum carriers.
How is it used?
- One part Rapido clay powder should be mixed with three parts coarse sand to produce base coats or two parts fine sand for finish coats by weight.
- This should then be mixed with clean tap water using an electric whisk and applied by hand or by projection plastering machine.
- The plaster can be applied up to 5mm thick on smooth/non-porous substrates or up to 15mm thick on coarser, more absorbent surfaces.
- All absorbent surfaces should be moistened and friable surfaces should be stabilised with a stabiliser such as water glass.
- The plaster mix should be applied to the surface with a steel trowel and then trowelled flat. As the plaster dries the surface can be lightly trowelled to flatten and remove any trowel marks and should be sponge finished to provide a key for the following coat (if required).
- Finish plaster can be applied at 2mm thick and trowelled flat or sponged with a fine sponge.
- Once applied the plaster must be allowed to dry by circulating fresh air otherwise it will simply stay wet and soft.
- Do not expose to frost.
How much will you need?
- Each 20kg bag of Rapido clay powder will produce 80kg of backing plaster.
- The Rapido clay powder can be bought individually in 20kg bags or in pallets of 50 bags (10% reduction over single bag price).
Pricing & shipping
|Bag weight (kg)
|Single bag cost
|Full pallet bag cost
|4m2 @ 12mm
Book your free project consultation
If you can’t seem to find what you need on our website or you have large quantities of materials to purchase please contact us for a chat and we’ll offer you a more bespoke solution.
We’re normally open from 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30 am to 1pm on Friday.