Find out which low impact materials are right for your building project.
From £118.99 + VAT per 25kg tub
Fine silicone render – Baumit SilikonFine finish render
Baumit FineTop finish render is:-
- an easy to use, breathable, decorative, silicone-based, 1mm textured top coat render.
- ideal as a finish over Baumit base coat and bonding coat renders.
- highly water repellent and is stain and weather resistant.
- perfect for providing a robust white or coloured facade.
Where is it used?
- Baumit SilikonFine can be used as a finish coat render on all main wall areas.
- It can be applied on to old and new mineral renders (lime and cement renders), organic base coat renders in the Baumit range and on to EWI systems.
How is it used?
- Baumit SilikonFine should be gently whisked in it’s tub prior to use to ensure a homogeneous consistency. Up to 1% water can be added to improve workability.
- Surfaces should be clean, dry, free from dust and suitably cured.
- Baumit SilikonFine should be applied to a cured coat of Baumit SilikonTop 1.5mm, which acts as a base coat.
- The Baumit SilikonFine is applied with a stainless steel trowel and troweled back to the grit thickness. The surface is then finished with a PVC float using small circular motions.
- For the best finish apply and finish each panel continuously, without breaks.
- It is best to use the same person to finish the whole of each panel to avoid differences in texture mid way.
- See data sheet for more detailed information.
How much will you need?
- The final thickness of the Baumit SilikonFine should be around 1mm plus the depth of the grits in the Baumit SilikonTop 1.5mm, giving a coverage of up to 10m2 per 25kg tub.
- Baumit SilikonFine should only be used when temperatures are above 5 degrees Celsius and away from strong, drying winds and direct sunlight.
- Because the material has to dry out to harden and cure, if the atmospheric humidity is very high and temperature is low drying times will longer.
Suggested construction details
Pricing & shipping
|Tub weight (kg)
|Single bag cost
|Full pallet bag cost
Book your free project consultation
If you can’t seem to find what you need on our website or you have large quantities of materials to purchase please contact us for a chat and we’ll offer you a more bespoke solution.
We’re normally open from 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.30 am to 1pm on Friday.